Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 24 March 2018

A brief holiday

I took some days off to have a nice long weekend. I have so much holiday due, that I'm not sure what to use it for, lol.

One day to spring clean the house, again. Two days in the Coromandel, a beautiful coastal area on the Pacific that reminds both Greg and I of the stunning Garden Route in South Africa. Two days in Whakatane with family.



Whilst in the Coromandel, we got chatting to someone on the beach who is over from South Africa doing a "look-see" as they are planning to emigrate to New Zealand. They live in Knysna on the Garden Route, which is really gorgeous. We could see that he, like most of us South Africans, is really sad to leave his beautiful home country - but needs must. He has two young children and is thinking of their future.

****

My boss dropped a bombshell last week. He has resigned and is moving back to the UK.

Who knew that there were other Brits on the pendulum swing of whether to stay or go?

I am so sad. He's been such an amazing support.

We had a very long discussion about the pros and cons of staying or going back. For him the biggest draw is family. He said he always knew it wouldn't be a long stay in NZ as he and his wife had only planned for one year which morphed into four. I've also always had this feeling that I am only here to complete a cycle and it may not necessarily be a permanent move. Sigh...

Anyways the upside is that the person they propose to take his place is a doctor I know well and am happy to have him permanently with us.

****

I see the Unions for the NHS staff are in negotiations for increase across the board - it's about time. Looks like an impressive increase for the lower bandings. But I wonder if it's enough to counteract the inflation. After tax it may prove to be a loss rather than gain.

The advantage (if it could be considered an advantage) of working for a pittance at the NHS is the good pension at the end of it, so it's swings and roundabouts. Another advantage of living in the UK is the state pension. Sounds like a no-brainer to going back, doesn't it? If it was, I'd be back there already.

I have to decide is there an advantage living here without access superannuation until I am permanent which would only be in approximately 4.5 years' time or should I go back and work at getting the whole lot from the moment I land back on UK soil?

Whereas in NZ, the Unions are strong and negotiate automatic increases every year which are re-negotiated every three years to make sure we are paid well. And then there is the weather, the close proximity to Australia and the great lifestyle here...aaargh! I want it ALL lol.

Pendulum back and forth - swing swing swing.

****

I should be thinking outside the box as far as my life is concerned. The changes are happening but I can't quite grasp in what way. The pendulum swing is showing me something that I'm not able to comprehend quite yet.

Actually now that I think about it, we had the same pendulum swing before we moved here to NZ. We were treading water turning this way and that, knowing that we had to leave but not sure where to. When the time was right it fell into place and within months we'd left for NZ, a place that had never ever been on our radar. At that time it was important to us that we be close to our family and have some good weather for a change.

We are in the process of making changes again. As the pendulum swings it brings to the surface that which is the most important for us right now.

****

You know what?

If we are going to live very long lives...as in 100s of years (which I intend), we shouldn't be thinking of pensioning ourselves off. If we have a job that we are passionate about, we can work for a long time. Both NZ and UK have a pensionable age, but there is no real cut off time for working and the great thing about both countries is that you can retire and go back as a contract worker or a temp staff member, so that you never get bored, but can choose when to work and still have time to do what you'd like to do.

How excellent is it that there is the possibility of tapping into all that knowledge from older people so that the younger generation have experience and knowledge available.

****

We are in the process of watching Wild Wild Country - about Osho and his side kick Sheela.

Fascinating docu-series and very well put together without passing judgement, leaving the viewer to make up their own mind.

No comments: