Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 7 October 2017

Long eventful winter

It's been a long and very eventful winter down here in the southern hemisphere.

Taking on the position of Team Leader, completely making over the Sleep Clinic - how it operates, it's protocols, re-arranging the configuration of rooms, interviewing and training new staff, meeting after meeting, etc., feeling so knackered after long hard hours of work putting everything into place. And then to top it all, our daughter leaving to go back to Sydney, the neglect of my husband, son and daughter. Pure exhaustion trying to fit in Skype conversations with family and friends in other parts of the world, juggling visits with family and friends here. Mostly everyone has been very understanding, supportive and not too demanding as I find my feet. It was my need to always be perfectly on top of everything that was not only (I realise now) impossible, but silly. But...I'd do it again in the blink of an eye.



As we come out of winter, and it lightens more each day, I've stopped working overtime. I now do four full days, with a half day on a Friday. This gives me space and time to wind down for a pleasant weekend, before Monday arrives and the madness descends.

It sounds a bit whingey, but really I've enjoyed every minute, even the not so great bits that do occur because they give me a chance to notice where I'm lacking and change the energy around it.

It's taken a while for me to find my feet, assert myself as a leader (in a gentle way of course lol) and make the Sleep Clinic's profile higher than it was. We are now sporting a new uniform with Sleep Clinic written in silver across our chest. The team has slowly started rallying around in support, picking up the slack for me. I suppose it was a case of watching how I dealt with things and seeing if I could rise to the occasion or not.

I've learnt to navigate the politics of the hospital without pissing off too many people...that I am aware of, but still getting what I want.

My line manager often visits saying she enjoys being part of a success story because it lifts her up. It's a happy place that I'm pleased to be part of.

Both of us have far reaching plans for the future...

 *******

Strangely, or maybe not with the energies around these days, despite being very excited and happy about the future, I woke feeling very heartsore and homesick for the UK.

Greg suggested a visit to a garden that we've never been to before. Oh my, it was like being back in the UK. I loved it so much. We spent the afternoon wandering around soaking up the atmosphere, reminiscing. I feel so much better having gotten over that hump and am now back to being enthusiastic about being here.




No comments: