Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 22 July 2017

The British-ness of being British

Every so often, I get hit with a wave of homesickness for the UK, for being surrounded by British-ness, English accents in all their various forms, the subtle and not so subtle humour, the ability to laugh at themselves, English gardens, houses...just everything, including the weather.




It's not possible to live in a country for 18 years and not grow to love it.

NZ TV has a lot of BBC programmes. I often find myself sighing with nostalgia.

Tonight is one of those occasions.

It will pass.

Our homesickness for South Africa and its vibrant friendliness took at least 5 years to clear until we were able to remember the place without emotional attachment.

Our daughter has finally committed to her relationship and is moving back to Sydney at the end of this month. I shall miss having her around. We've done so much together since she arrived in January and it's been great to have another female in the house.

It's been interesting to see the reactions of all at work with the massive changes going on. Some take it in their stride, others feeling overwhelmed, each and every one of them doing their best. We've had a few wobbles, but the "can do" attitude always emerges. Amazing what happens to people when they know they are being heard and acknowledged. I've seen some incredible blossoming.

Change is chaotic, it is my job to be the rock that is steady.  From management to doctors, physiologists to admin, ward staff to HCA, I juggle them all, co-ordinating from the smallest to the biggest. I find myself thriving on it. I love the organic feel of change as things flow with ease and flexibility.

Who knew? I'm surprising myself.

The one slight difficulty I find is getting up early mornings. Ugh. After years of mostly evening/night work, I do struggle. Mostly I'm knackered and in bed by 9pm, up again at 12 for a couple of hours before climbing back into bed for a few more hours of sleep. We've not used an alarm for years, so my internal clock is adjusting to the new wake times. I must say that it is doing its job admirably so far. There have been a few occasions when 6am has come and gone without me waking. Luckily Greg uses coffee as my gentle alarm clock, the delicious smell of which wafts up my nose and tickles my wake centre.

It will come right. Until then I am being patient with myself.

Bitter Sweet from The Verve has been playing in my head all day - what could be more British?



No comments: