Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 13 February 2017

The good, the bad and the ugly

I woke with the chorus of this song running around in my head -

"Stand tall, don't you fall oh, don't go and do something foolish
You're feeling it like everyone, it's silly human pride
Stand tall, don't you fall. don't go do something you'll regret later
You're feeling it like everyone, it's silly human pride"


Eh?


Today is our anniversary of 30 years.

Unfortunately for the second year in a row, neither of us are in the same place. Greg is away on business and I am at home with the kids.

Facebook put together some pictures to celebrate our anniversary.

I thought the pics were rather apt. It shows one of us walking away from each other, one where we are sat together looking happy and in the third neither of us look happy.  Good call FB, as it is impossible to live together for 30 years and not have ups and downs - we've been through some doozies!

This got me to thinking about how love is romanticised.  We always think of a great love affair as living in harmony, not an angry word or feeling in sight, etc. which is complete bullshit.

We are here to grow. If life was good, we'd be living on a cloud somewhere playing a harp. We didn't incarnate on Earth to experience the "good life". We incarnated to experience ALL, the good, the bad and the ugly.

It's up to us to negotiate the twists and turns we face, sometimes with grace and ease and at other times...not so much.

I watched a very interesting video a while ago in which someone was asked how she'd managed to keep her long marriage fresh.

She said that both she and her husband had changed over the years. It felt like she'd been married to several different men.

I agree with her. We grow and change. For some of us it means moving on to find someone who is at the same place as we are. For others, we change together so we are "mostly" at the same place. In both cases, there is some shaking up as we let go of the old and adapt to the "new".

Whilst writing the above words I heard Boom! Shake the Room.

Indeed...



No comments: