Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 16 October 2016

Sydney/Currarong, Australia



Who knew I could be such a poop?!



The idea of driving in Sydney freaked me out somewhat. I used to drive in London - surely nothing could be quite as fear inducing? I suppose it is the unknown. But didn't stop me from collecting the hire car. Feel the fear and do it anyway.

Ashlee's flatmate was kind enough to drop me off at the car hire, but I had to make my way back to their flat on my own, which wasn't as difficult as I expected. If you know the route, it becomes less angst ridden.

I pottered around on Friday while I waited for Ashlee to finish work. Went walkabout, stopping for a coffee and bite to eat. It was a lovely hot 31 degrees. I really love Sydney. It has such a vibrant vibe to it. But...I could never see myself living there.

We left at 4.30 hoping to miss most of the traffic. Ashlee was the navigator. We had quite a few "eek" moments, lol, which led to lots of giggling. Both of us wondered how Greg would react - we could just imagine him frowning at our irresponsible antics which had us in stitches again.

We stopped in Wollongong for a bite to eat before continuing on our journey to Currarong, which is literally at the end of the road in the middle of nowhere!

The house hired was amazing. Influenced by Bali, many of the paintings and sculptures gave it an exotic air.

My sister, her husband, my nephew and his wife were there (together with their adorable bulldog, Charlie).

We went sightseeing everyday, cooked, ate, chatted, played games and just had fun.

We stopped off in Berry (our most favouritest place in the world) where I saw a bamboo ladder for the bathroom. We've been looking for them here in NZ but don't import many and when they do, they sell really quickly. After much discussion and measuring, we decided to buy it. Ashlee will put it in her container when she ships her furniture over here.

Lol...she put that picture above on FB stating that I'd gone shopping for a sausage dog and landed up with a ladder! (The back story on the sausage dog is that I've always wanted one). We came across this little dachsie cutie pie in Kangaroo Valley, which fired up my desire to get one.

I'm working on it...

Greg was relieved cos you don't need to pick up the poop from a ladder, but one of my friends wanted to know how on earth I was going to "walk" the ladder every day.  Haha, wouldn't that be funny.