Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 13 February 2016

My new home town

I'm here!!

Woohoo!!

It has been a whirlwind of activity.



I have spent two long weekends in Auckland with my aunt and cousins, busing to and from Hamilton. It has been good to catch up. When I climbed on the bus the first time to travel to Hamilton, I had an unexpected and very pleasurable surprise in the form of a friend who happened to be travelling on the same bus. It has been good to re-connect with her once again. She will be coming up next weekend to Hamilton to visit.

It seems to be a time of re-connecting.

Strangely enough I keep seeing people that I think I know, but have no idea where I'd know them from. I can see them do a double take and smile, looking as puzzled as I feel. I've never asked the question - where do I know you from? Mostly I think it is a recognition from the soul.

My work colleagues are lovely as are most Kiwis that I have met. Nothing is too much trouble - I have had so many offers to ferry me around to either go sightseeing or find somewhere to live. I have been randomly striking up conversations with strangers. People smile at me constantly, but I think that is because I walk around with a crazy grin on my face.

I had a bit of a hiccup a few days ago on my birthday when I felt rather alone despite many phone calls, texts and emails. I am also missing my hubby something terrible but will have to make do with chatting via Skype. Tomorrow is our 29th anniversary - Happy anniversary, honey bun. Big smoochers to you.

If I thought that my work here would be similar to what it was in the UK, I am both right and wrong. There are similarities but VERY BIG differences.

Working in a respiratory unit has me learning new skills. I do feel out of my depth at times, but it is all good. I wanted a change as I was getting bored and I sure got what I requested!

Initially I could feel myself resisting the change, having a brief spurt of anger which pointed to my fear of the change. After giving myself a good talking to, everything settled - don't ask for change and then have a hissy fit about it!

Tomorrow I leave the B&B and move into the YWCA. It is very basic and reminds me a bit of the hostels from my college days. My bravado may desert me and I will want to run away screaming. My plan, though, is to embrace all and (hopefully) take it in my stride. It's an adventure.

Hamilton has some beautiful areas, especially the riverside and lake walks. The hospital is on a hill and overlooks the lake, so every morning when I leave after a night shift I can see the tranquil lake, feel the balmy weather and hear the birds twittering.

It has been very humid, which I did not expect.

I will post some pictures of my walks around Hamilton.